The following memo was sent via email to faculty & staff on November 10, 2015, from Lewis Benavides, Senior Associate Vice President for Human Resources.
The 2016 Budget, approved by the Board of Regents at their August 2015 meeting, included funding for a 2% one-time payment for all regular faculty and staff employed on or before September 1, 2015. These eligible faculty and staff must be employed at the time of payment distribution and must meet certain performance criteria. Please see the following criteria and payment distribution.
The University will add a 2% one-time payment on the December 1, 2015 paycheck for the regular faculty and staff who meet the below criteria:
- Must be employed on or before September 1, 2015 and employed at the time of payment distribution, December 1, 2015.
- Must have a performance evaluation on file* which demonstrates performance above the “Unsatisfactory” rating or its equivalent.
* Regular faculty and staff who are newly hired or received an exception in reporting change within the past evaluation year with no evaluation on file will be automatically eligible.
PLEASE NOTE: Regular faculty and staff who have no evaluation on file will require supervisors to complete an evaluation within seven (7) days of this memo.
- The 2% one-time payment will be based on the regular faculty and staff base wage compensation as of September 1, 2015.
- The one-time payment is not subject to TRS or ORP retirement deductions.
- The 2% one-time payment will be paid on the December 1, 2015 paycheck, less any required deductions.
This memo has been prepared by the University and should not be construed as a commitment to pay for any specified time period or a contract between the University and its employees.
If you have any questions please contact the Office of Human Resources personnel listed below:
Estela Long, Manager of Compensation
(940) 898-3548 Elong@twu.edu
Amanda Noday, Manager of Payroll
(940) 898-3562 Anoday@twu.edu