Good morning colleagues!
The TWU Staff Council Membership and Elections Committee would like put out a call for you to nominate yourself or someone you know to serve on the Staff Council at TWU. Please visit the link below to submit your nomination today!
Staff Council holds elections of representatives on an annual basis. Staff members through the Director level who currently have a minimum of six months of service at TWU and are not represented by Faculty Senate are eligible for nomination. Staff Council seeks representatives from all departments and areas and encourages you to nominate yourself! Nominees will be contacted by the election committee to confirm their nominations.
IMPORTANT DATES – 2016 ELECTIONS
|Nominations Due||Fri. June 3|
|Deadline to Accept Nomination||Fri. June 10|
|Deadline for Candidates to Submit Photo/Bio/Statement||Fri. June 17|
|Voting||Wed. June 22 – Mon. July 8|
What is Staff Council?
The Staff Council is organized to foster a spirit of unified community among staff members of Texas Woman’s University and to provide opportunities for their democratic representation. The goal of Staff Council is to promote a positive and collaborative work environment. Our purposes are to serve as a representative advisory council; provide a vehicle for communication of staff interests, concerns, and issues; present recommendations to University leadership; and promote positive morale among TWU staff.
Staff Council Member Duties and Responsibilities?
There are three main responsibilities of a staff council representative:
- Communication with Constituents: The Staff Council representative’s role is to act as a voice for their constituents’ concerns and needs, provide important information about opportunities for personal and professional development, promote ways to become more involved in TWU initiatives, and facilitate communication and discussion of university policies which affect staff members.
- Service on a Committee: The work of Staff Council is accomplished through committees. Elected members are required to serve on one standing committee, but are free to serve on additional committees. The committees offer opportunities to facilitate staff development, awards and recognition, communication with the community, and more!
- Attendance at Meetings: Staff Council meets on the second Tuesday of each month. Elected representatives are expected to attend and actively participate in meetings to remain informed about issues affecting their constituents and act as their divisions representative voice.
For more information about Staff Council visit: https://twustaffcouncil.wordpress.com/
If you have questions about this or any other Staff Council Membership Elections procedures, please contact Angelica Landeros-Henderson, Membership Committee, at email@example.com .
To nominate yourself or someone else, please visit: http://goo.gl/forms/6rajxj4FRwBfXT8p1
To accommodate those without convenient access to email or internet, ballot boxes will be provided at the following locations:
- Groundskeeper’s break room
- Electrician’s break room
- Auto Shop break room
- Carpenter’s break room
- Custodian’s break room
- Central Plant break room
- Facilities Management break room
Please let us know if you have any questions.
Michelle Kelly Reeves
TWU Office of Civility and Community Standards
Staff Council President